Field Projects is an artist run project space and online venue dedicated to emerging and mid-career artists. Centered on long term curatorial projects, Field Projects presents monthly exhibitions at their Chelsea location in addition to pop-up exhibitions throughout New York City, and Art Fairs.
Field Residency is an art studio in Chelsea, Manhattan’s Gallery District, New York City. We provide a 300 square ft, 12 ft ceiling studio space to accepted applicants for 6 weeks.
- International & US-based artists working in all mediums
- 6 week use of a 300 square ft, 12 ft ceiling
- Visiting Critic Program
- Open Studio Night, Show your finished body of work
- Art Studio Space (300 square ft, 12 ft ceilings)
- Storage Racks
- Slop Sink
- Natural Light
- Artist are asked to contribute one artwork to the Field Residency collection.
How to Apply
- Please visit our Submittable page by clicking on the APPLY button below !!!
- Create a free user account. It is confidential and your information will not be shared.
- Upload your Artist Statement, CV, and up to 5 images of your work.
- 5 work samples, including title, year, medium, and dimensions.
Size requirements: images, up to 5MB each
Please label each file as: LastName_FirstName_Title_Year
Please include full information for each work: Title, date, medium and dimensions, as well as any other pertinent information that you see fit which will help us better understand your work.
If your work is time-based or has video documentation, you may also link to media from YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud.
- Hundreds of Contemporary Art Galleries with openings every Thursday night
- Hundreds of artist studios
- Field Projects community of artists, writers, and critics
- Highline Park with hundreds outdoor sculptures
- Hudson River Park
- Whitney Museum, (we hear they have Art there)
- The studio is located directly behind Field Projects Gallery, in the West Chelsea Building on W 26th street.
- The studio is a work space only – housing is NOT provided.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
-Kris & Jacob
- All types of exhibitions are welcome: Group and solo exhibitions.
- All art disciplines are welcome: painting, sculpture, new media, audio, film, etc
- We except submission on a ongoing basis.
- We plan a year or so in advance.
- We are looking for conceptually rigorous projects, and themes that are innovative, challenging, and engaging.
THANK YOU for applying to Field Projects Winter Open Call 2022!
All submissions will be considered for
- The exhibition Feb 24- Mar 26, 2022
- The accompanying Online Show
- Solo Shows at Field Projects
- Group Shows at Field Projects
- Art Fairs
- Outside Exhibitions
- Featured in Field Magazine
- Our Studio Visit program for NYC artists
Use the form below to upload your 5 images, Artist Statement and CV.
Looking forward to seeing your work!
Your friends at Field Projects