Field Projects is an artist run project space and online venue dedicated to emerging and mid-career artists. Centered on long term curatorial projects, Field Projects presents monthly exhibitions at their Chelsea location in addition to pop-up exhibitions throughout New York City, and Art Fairs.
- All types of exhibitions are welcome: Group and solo exhibitions.
- All art disciplines are welcome: painting, sculpture, new media, audio, film, etc
- We except submission on a ongoing basis.
- We plan a year or so in advance.
- We are looking for conceptually rigorous projects, and themes that are innovative, challenging, and engaging.
Field Residency is an art studio in Chelsea, Manhattan’s Gallery District, New York City. We provide a 300 square ft, 12 ft ceiling studio space to accepted applicants for 6 weeks.
- International & US-based artists working in all mediums
- 6 week use of a 300 square ft, 12 ft ceiling
- Visiting Critic Program
- Open Studio Night, Show your finished body of work
- Art Studio Space (300 square ft, 12 ft ceilings)
- Storage Racks
- Slop Sink
- Natural Light
- Artist are asked to contribute one artwork to the Field Residency collection.
How to Apply
- Upload your Artist Statement, CV, and up to 5 images of your work.
- 5 work samples, including title, year, medium, and dimensions.
Size requirements: images, up to 5MB each
Please label each file as: LastName_FirstName_Title_Year
Please include full information for each work: Title, date, medium and dimensions, as well as any other pertinent information that you see fit which will help us better understand your work.
If your work is time-based or has video documentation, you may also link to media from YouTube, Vimeo and SoundCloud.
- Hundreds of Contemporary Art Galleries with openings every Thursday night
- Hundreds of artist studios
- Field Projects community of artists, writers, and critics
- Highline Park with hundreds outdoor sculptures
- Hudson River Park
- Whitney Museum, (we hear they have Art there)
- The studio is located directly behind Field Projects Gallery, in the West Chelsea Building on W 26th street.
- The studio is a work space only – housing is NOT provided.
We look forward to reviewing your application.
-Kris & Jacob